A few months ago, I had a run where my sewing mojo was seriously messed up... it seemed like every time I worked on something I made mistakes left and right. One of those mistakes was seriously over cutting triangles for this quilt. I used a 2" strip off of each triangle to sew a cute scrappy binding, but that still left me a lot of extra, smaller triangles to deal with.
I played around with them for a while and came up with the idea for this quilt:
I'm calling it 'tites and 'mites because it reminds me of stalactites and stalagmites. The back... surprise, surprise, it's the Ikea duvet that just keeps on giving (plus a hanging sleeve for the SCVQA show last month - that is off now):
There was some leftover scrappy binding goodness from the other quilt, and I strategically placed it to give a bit more balance to the quilt. This quilt is going to my newborn nephew - he's the first boy born in my family after a run of 10 girls in a row.