I have been in such a state lately. We spent the last two months shopping for and then buying a house (I know, it was so fast!!) I'm still in shock about it, and at the same time so excited that sometimes I feel a little ill. In addition to the happy transition from renting to owning, I'm thrilled that my sewing area will be moving from the dining room table to my very own sewing room.
It's not much to look at yet, but hopefully it will be!
Because of some work that needs to be done at the new place, we won't be moving our furniture until mid-December. In the meantime, I have plunged enthusiastically into getting ready to move. I have to say, the logic element doesn't factor very strongly into the tasks that I've been completing in "preparation" for moving. For example, I had some thread spools sitting on top of my fabric drawers, so I decided to put them away. There wasn't room in the thread bin, so I ended up on the floor surrounded by a hundred spools of thread, winding loose thread and picking out ones that could go in the trash bin. Oh wait, actually that does make sense. Clearly, organizing my thread = critical pre-move preparatory step.
I said in the title that I was confused, but actually has to do with the blog, not the move or the new house. I thought that I had already posted something from a few months ago, but now I don't see it! Since that apparently happened only in my mind, here is what was passed to me for Kelly's round robin (with my local MQG):
I planned the outline for my additions on graph paper, with the hope of echoing and emphasizing the partial star shape. Once I started sewing, I added in a little bit of improvisation with details like the geese and the nine patches. I just love this quilt, and I'm totally jealous that Kelly gets to keep it. I can't steal it 'cause Kelly would just track me down... but maybe I'll duplicate it when some more of my UFOs are cleared out.